With a slab foundation, where is the sewer pipe located?
– above the concrete slab
– under the concrete slab
– inside the concrete slab
What do you use to bolt the house to its foundation?
– small, unobtrusive bolts
– strong, 20-inch-long bolts
Which of these are advantages of using trusses for the roofing?
– Their shape is templated so they don’t have to be custom-built.
– They’re strong and relatively inexpensive.
– They’re built over a period of time, not quickly like other materials.
With regard to a concrete garage slab, what allows the slab to respond to temperature changes?
– homosote around the edges
– caulking around the edges
– rubber sealant around the edges
What method is used when re-roofing over wood?
– End-to-end method
– The butt-up method
– The toe-to-toe method
– The overlap method
Which of following roof styles is described: roof characterized by two slopes on each of its four sides with the lower slope being steeper than the upper slope?
– Salt Box
What is the primary advantage of using a laminated wall system?
– Resistance to cracking
– Reduced sound transmission
– Fewer fasteners to finish
– Increased fire protection
How many square feet of drywall are needed to cover both sides of a wall that is 26 feet long and 14 feet height?
– 364 sq. ft.
– 416 sq. ft
– 546 sq. ft.
– 728 sq. ft.
What term is applied to the line at which the face of a curb meets the top of the pavement or gutter?
– The driveway apron
– The control joint
– The flow line
– The curb return
The “X” in CDX plywood refers to:
– exclusively to be used for exterior applications
– interior glue
– exterior glue
– none of the above